Cooking Day 4: Beef Tips

Happy Palm Sunday.

Yes, we skipped last night, we took a break and ordered curbside and to-go margaritas from our favorite go-to spot, Wings N More.



The margaritas were so good, we went back and got more tonight before dinner.

Before we left to pick up margaritas and drop off our Redbox movies I started dinner. It was a night for beef tips! I thawed out frozen stew meat (so glad I stocked up the freezer). When they were thawed, I dried them on paper towels and mixed them in seasoned flour (salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion, powder, and paprika).

 

While I coated worked on patting the meat dry and seasoning it, I had vegetable oil heating in my 12-inch pan. Once all the meat was coated, I put the meat into the heated pan and added sliced onions.

 

It takes a few minutes to get the meat all browned, about 20 minutes, but once it is all browned, add enough water or beef stockto cover the meat, reduce heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes. The flour from the seasoning will help make the gravy for the beef tips, must make sure you season enough for it to have great flavor.


To accompany the beef tips, warmed up the leftover white rice from "Fried Rice Night" with some water, salt, pepper, and butter.


Thanks to everyone visiting our blog. We really appreciate all your views. Please leave us a comment to let us know what you think about how we are doing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Return, Tradition, and Family

Cooking Day 1: The Beginning & Farfalle Alfredo with Breaded Chicken

Cooking Day 10: Meat and Taters