Cooking Day 2: Homemade Pizza

Woo hoo! Two days in a row!

Tonight, we thought we would tackle...PIZZA!!!!

When I make homemade pizza, I use the Bobby Flay pizza dough recipe from FoodNetwork.com. It is my go-to. I like a crispier pizza and this one is perfect. In the past, I have personalized it a bit with a little roasted garlic, seasonings, or parmesan cheese. Tonight, it was Marcos (aka Tony...aka Gibby) first time making a dough from scratch, so we went basic.






















He was really nervous. There is not a lot to the recipe, it is almost foolproof, but I walked him through the first batch and had him do the second one on his own. I'm telling you...foolproof. Now...this is where you don't want to be like me. Take out your intended ingredients...don't assume you have it all. We had to make a quick trip to Wal-Mart to get mozzarella and all they had were the pearls. That's what you get when living in a COVID world.




















Now me, I roll my dough out. Ya...I know, but I am super clumsy and not comfortable having the dough in the air and I am married to a clean freak. If I got a speck of flour on the floor, he would be all over it. Anyway, Tony (it's what I always call him) wanted to stretch it by hand, so he calls his friend, Bob who does the pizzas where he works. After a Facetime session that was hilarious, to say the least, we had round discs!



We built our pizzas on our preheated pizza stones (after we had already started them and remembered we don't have a pizza peel or a wood-burning pizza oven) and tossed the first one in the oven. He was pretty proud of himself, and he should be.

Pizza #1 and #3 is pepperoni with bacon. That is the favorite pizza for both my boys. Don't get me wrong. When we go to Alamo Drafthouse, I have gotten down on pepperoni and bacon myself, but this is LITERALLY their pizza ALL THE TIME!



Pizza #2 is mine and hubby's (Wes) favorites. Yukon gold potato pizza on seasoned olive oil, mozzarella, chopped garlic, chives, and bacon (again, COVID preparedness takes over...no pancetta).























Pizza #4 is up for grabs and it is a garlic white sauce with the leftover breaded chicken from last night, the leftover slices of potato from pizza #2, and bacon (again, because why not),





















All four pizzas were brushed with an olive oil and seasoning blend. I love the Cacio e Pepe seasoning from HEB. I use it whenever I can.

That's it. Time for the four of us to dig into these pizzas!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Return, Tradition, and Family

Cooking Day 1: The Beginning & Farfalle Alfredo with Breaded Chicken

Cooking Day 5: Mexican Chicken "Lasagna"